Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You Too Can WIN!!




Beograd (Belgrade) has been bombarded by both McDonald's and NATO in recent years. These buildings were across the street from one another. So much for the McDonald's theory of Peace and Development. (A political science threorist whose name escapes me noted that no countries with a McDonald's had ever been at war) .

The American Embassy is about 2 blocks down this street (among many other NATO members). My hostel owner had no idea why it had been bombed, or at least he would not tell me.

To enter send one item to:

Anders Conway
Alpine Fund
Prospect Mira 74, #16
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

The first card to arrive on the day of my arrive or thereafter will win a special prize. Test the world wide mail system! You win extra points for creativity, organic materials and concealing contraband in your post... Maybe just postcards would be a better idea.

I bought cheese... at the deli counter. Nothing was repeated, all parties left the transaction satisfied. Yeah, today was that good. I hope to be in Albania by the 5th of October.

No comments: